Saturday, February 19, 2011

White Bean and Artichoke Dip

Hello there, Undippy



Dips are the best. You can dip morsels in them, eat them by the spoonful, spread them on sandwiches, they'll even let you dip your fingers in them in case you happen to be out of edible tidbits. Making your own is also way more cost-effective than buying it at the store, plus you're not paying for the weird ingredients that some companies like to sneak in. Dips are pretty bomb.

When I have a strong liking for something/one, I tend to add a "y" to their name in order to demonstrate my affection for that thing/person. (However, sometimes this doesn't tend to roll off the tongue as smoothly as I would have hoped, which is why my turquoise dangly earrings are stilll...well, you know.) So naturally, after my taste buds had a party in my mouth upon trying this dip, I wanted to call it "Dippy."

One problem - Urban Dictionary. I have a tendency to get annoyingly clingy with it, meaning I like to browse through about 5 times a day to find words I might want to add to my daily vocabulary. Or take out, whichever.

According to The Dictionary: "Dippy: Silly, foolish." And that was as tame as it gets, aside from one definition that included talk of eggs, which was just strange. 

So, DIP it is. Enjoy!


White Bean & Artichoke Dip
Adapted from Farmgirl Fare
Makes 2 cups

*This dip is fairly thick, which is how I like it for dipping purposes. However, if you like yours more fluid, reserve some of the artichoke liquid to gradually add in at the end.

1` 15oz. can white beans - drained
1 can quartered artichoke hearts - liquid reserved in case you want to add it at the end
1 sprig chopped, fresh rosemary1 tablespoon crushed garlic
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper to taste




How To:


1. In a food processor, combine beans, artichoke, rosemary, garlic and lemon juice; process until smooth.


2. Add in olive oil until incorporated; take a look at the consistency and see if you want to add in any of the reserved artichoke liquid.

3. Once you have your style of consistency, add in salt and pepper and eat as suggested above, or go even more wild with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment