Monday, November 26, 2012

How to: Bake Eggs

My earliest memory of hard-boiled eggs was when I was maybe 11. My mom had put some on the stove but got a phone call from a neighbor. (I'm assuming it had to do with either of my younger siblings, since we had a pretty tight-knit neighborhood full of kids. )

Mom gave me strict instructions to take the eggs off when the oven clock read a certain time if she wasn't back by then. It was supposed to be a quick trip so I sort off...forgot.

My mom, however, realized when she walked in the door and discovered the water was gone and the eggs were a-burning. I remember feeling really bad because she felt really bad.

Now, these days, you can bake your eggs! This may not be news to you, but I was informed of this just 2 days ago, which can easily be blamed on the fact that I don't have Pinterest (oh, the shame).

These were so quick and easy, and perfect for a snack throughout the week.

1. First, you want to preheat your oven to
350 degrees. Put 12 raw eggs in each hole of a muffin pan and pop into the oven when it's heated.




2. Bake for 30 minutes. Right before you take them out of the oven, prepare an ice bath. When the eggs are done, remove them from the pan using tongs and transfer to the ice bath to stop them from cooking more. Let them cool, which should take about 15 minutes. Add more ice as needed.





3. After the eggs have cooled, peel them up. I found they were pretty easy to peel using this method of baking.





4. I was warned that brown spots may appear from baking the eggs, which did happen. While this may concern you, be assured that they still taste normal.





And that's all there is to it! I made some mean deviled eggs with my first batch. What will you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment