Happiest of Thanksgivings to you! I hope you enjoy all the big and small moments today has to offer - soak it up before the next holiday rush hits! I still have a hard time believing it's that time of year already.
What are you thankful for?
I'm thankful for you visiting this little bloggy of mine - I hope you stick around!
Pear, Nutella and Oat Scones (Gluten-Free | Soy-Free)
adapted from bron marshall
1 cup almond meal
1 cup sweet rice flour
1/2 cup flax meal
1/2 cup oat flour
3 t of baking powder
1/2 t salt
7 T butter, cubed
1 (preferably free range) egg
1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup applesauce
1/2 cup non-dairy milk (I used rice)
1/2 cup Nutella
1 ripe pear, peeled and grated
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease or Silpat a cookie sheet.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flours. Add in the baking powder and salt and mix again.
3. In a small mixing bowl, beat the egg and add the sugar, applesauce and milk and thoroughly combine.
4. Make a well in the dry ingredients; add the wet and combine. Add the shredded pear and mix again. It will be quite wet.
5. Scoop about 2 tablespoons of batter onto the baking sheet and spread to about 1/4 inch thickness. Add 1 teaspoon (or more!) of Nutella in the middle and cover with 2 more tablespoons of batter. Continue until it's gone.
6. Bakes for 15 minutes, until cooked through and the outsides are slightly browned. Keep scones covered at room temperature for up to 4 days.